The Lord continues to amaze me by the maturity and growth of Cornerstone. He brings people who want to know Him better! What a joy to shepherd people interested in reconciliation, learning, and love!
We just finished the second major section of Matthew's Gospel (chapters 5-9) beginning a new section on evangelism and ministry. God tells us to pray for workers because the harvest is plentiful but the laborers few. Please join me in praying for workers! But also note, the Lord requires you and I to be a worker in the harvest. Blessed are the peacemakers . . . you are a light to the world, a city set on a hill, displaying the Gospel of God, proclaiming the good news so that all would see our good deeds and glorify our Father in heaven (Matthew 5:9-16). Please be in prayer for unbelievers in your life and the churches' evangelism.
Jesus commissions the church to "make disciples." In other words, "make learners." This summer we begin a summer reading challenge. Each participant will read at least 6 of 8 books (or all of them) and write a paragraph about what they learned. Everyone reads from the required texts, then can choose two of the books for the brave. Please pray each book ministers to us, challenging us, and conforms us to His image. We love Christ and want to know Him as more than just a name. Feel free to join with us.
Here are the required books:
- The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W Tozer.
- Humility by C.J. Mahaney
- Rediscovering the Church Fathers by Michael Haykin
- John, inspired by the Holy Spirit, found in your Bible.
- Either: Uneclipsing the Son by Rick Holland OR Putting Jesus in His Place by Bowman and Komoszewski
Here are the books for the brave:
- The Master's Plan for the Churchby John MacArthur
- Let the Nations be Glad by John Piper
- The Gospel and Personal Evangelism by Mark Dever
- Sweethearts for a Lifetime by Wayne Mack
- Trusting God by Jerry Bridges