As our church matures in its ministry, we want to build our ministry on biblical principles. Our philosophy of ministry shapes every ministry and service.
Philosophy of Ministry:
1. Our view of God: We attend church because we love God! We gather together to study who He is and what He does. He is our King and we love knowing He cares about us! Our church is centered around Him as our Savior, Lord, Creator, and the head of our church. We want our church to be a reflection of Him and a pillar of truth to Las Vegas.
2. Word of God: The Word of God is authoritative, inerrant, and inspired by God. God reveals himself through His Word. It brings people to salvation and equips us for good works. We want people to stand before God sanctified and holy. Therefore, the Word must be preached in season and out of season. (2 Tim 3:15-4:3). The Holy Spirit uses His Word to bring us to salvation and mature us. His Word is sharp, edifying, and trains us in righteousness. We seek to preach expository messages and our goal is to work through the Bible verse-by-verse discovering the good news.
3. Mankind: We need to understand man's nature. We are the pinnacle of creation but worthy of death because of our rebellion against God. Unbelievers cannot be expected from a human standpoint to honor or exalt God because unbelievers are spiritually dead (Eph 2:1), suppress the truth in unrighteous behavior (Romans 1:18), and therefore are worthy of death (Romans 6:23). Believers have the death penalty removed through Christ's atoning work on the cross. Believers have faith in Christ and therefore are able to understand and live in a way that honors and worships Him. (Proverbs 1:7; Romans 12:1-3). God is sovereign over salvation; choosing His elect and man is also totally responsible to believe.
4. The Church: The church is the body of believers. People do not go to church. The church gathers at a location. They stand together as a pillar and support for truth (1 Tim 3:15). Each believer in the church is gifted to serve the church for the maturity of the church! (Ephesians 4:7-16) Believers are committed to the church (Hebrews 10:24-25). Our purpose is to make disciples by going, baptizing, and teaching under the authority of the Lord! (Matt 28:19-20). We strive together for the Gospel and stand firm unified in attitude and beliefs to people can know the good news concerning Jesus Christ!
5. Leadership: God places men in the church to lead the church (Ephesians 4:11). Those men must be biblically qualified in character and conduct as an example to believers to lead the church. (1 Timothy 3; Titus 2; Hebrews 13:7). In order to have a healthy church, God-qualified men must lead the church. They must be believers, walking with integrity, loving the flock, standing for the Gospel, and shepherding the sheep. (1 Peter 5:1-4). We currently have three elders: Jason Vaughn, Gino Guillermo, and Ramil Santiago.
6. The Gospel: When the church is faithful to these 5 pillars, it exalts Christ by representing and honoring the Father whom we worship. The church must be Gospel centered with conduct reflecting the character and nature of God. Paul instructs the church in Philippi, "Conduct yourself in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ . . . stand firm in one spirit, with one mind, striving together for the faith of the gospel" (1:27).